This Financial Calculator requires SUN's Java™ Plug-in. If you see this message you will need to download SUN's Java™ Plug-in. This can be done automatically by clicking the yellow bar at the top of your browser and choosing "Install ActiveX Control".
You can also get SUN's Java™ Plug-in here: Get the Java™ Plug-in!
For more information about this Plug-in please visit: SUN's Java™ Plug-in
For more information these financial calculators please visit: Financial Calculators from KJE Computer Solutions, LLC
- Mortgage amount
- Original or expected balance for your mortgage.
- Interest rate
- Annual interest rate for your mortgage. Interest rates are generally lower for shorter term mortgages.
- Marginal tax rate
- This is your combined state and federal tax rate. This is used to calculate your potential income tax savings by deducting your mortgage interest.
- Monthly payment
- Monthly principal and interest payment (PI). Both 30 year and 15 year mortgages are shown.
- Total payments
- Total of all monthly payments over the full term of the mortgage. Both 30 year and 15 year mortgages are shown.
- Total interest
- Total of all interest paid over the full term of the mortgage. Both 30 year and 15 year mortgages are shown.
Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We cannot and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.