This Financial Calculator requires SUN's Java™ Plug-in. If you see this message you will need to download SUN's Java™ Plug-in. This can be done automatically by clicking the yellow bar at the top of your browser and choosing "Install ActiveX Control".
You can also get SUN's Java™ Plug-in here: Get the Java™ Plug-in!
For more information about this Plug-in please visit: SUN's Java™ Plug-in
For more information these financial calculators please visit: Financial Calculators from KJE Computer Solutions, LLC
- Mortgage amount
- Original or expected balance for your mortgage.
- Term in years
- The number of years over which you will repay this loan. The most common mortgage terms are 15 years and 30 years.
- Interest rate
- Annual fixed interest rate for this mortgage.
- Monthly payment
- Monthly principal and interest payment (PI).
- Total payments
- Total of all monthly payments over the full term of the mortgage. This total payment amount assumes that there are no prepayments of principal.
- Total interest
- Total of all interest paid over the full term of the mortgage. This total interest amount assumes that there are no prepayments of principal.
- Prepayment type
- The frequency of prepayment. The options are: none, monthly, yearly, and one-time payment.
- Prepayment amount
- Amount that will be prepaid on your mortgage. This amount will be applied to the mortgage principal balance, based on the prepayment type.
- Start with payment
- This is the payment number that your prepayments will begin with. For a one time payment, this is the payment number that the single prepayment will be included in. All prepayments of principal are assumed to be received by your lender in time to be included in the following month's interest calculation. If you choose to prepay with a one-time payment for payment number ZERO, the prepayment is assumed to happen before the first payment of the loan.
- Total amount of interest you will save by prepaying your mortgage.
Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We cannot and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.